Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Flash Slideshow Maker - The Best!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-21-2011, 01:03 PM

eXpert

Default Flash Slideshow Maker - The Best!

Hi Guys

As many of you already know I made use of FrontPage slideshow on my site in the past and the topic was discussed here http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=52446

I found something Much Better!! Flash Slideshow Maker, not sure how many of you are familiar with this software but for those of you that are not I feel it is my duty as an Xcart member to introduce it to you. I started off with the trial version to test it out but must say in less than 2 hours I’d seen enough to convince me to buy the full version as it had so much more to offer including 3D templates.

Just like any software on the market you are expected to run into bugs so I tested the customer service when I came across some and unlike FrontPage slideshow where I waited almost 2 weeks on replies these guys responded on the same day. As you can imagine I was in love. Waited a few more days and then I started hitting them with queries just to test all the waters. Same again, I got responses on all the same day, and to top it all off; the slide I had issues with they reconstructed my slide and gave me a test version. See below reply..

> > On 13/01/2011 07:59, Support Team wrote:
> > Dear Dan
> > I made a slideshow according to your XML code as provided. It works
> > fine on my end. URLs on slide No.1 to 3 and No. 6 will open in the
> > same browser tab, URLs on slide No. 4 and 5 will open in a new browser
> > tab or browser window.
> > Please go to http://www.sendspace.com/file/l0qv4z , scroll down to the
> > page bottom and click to download the "test-url.zip" file.
> > Please give it a shot see if any update.
> >
> > Thanks & Best regards,
> >
> > Robert
> > Flash Slideshow Maker Support

The best things for me about Flash Slideshow Maker are:

- Hundreds of templates. (All fully customizable to your own needs and they are bringing out new templates regularly)
- They are open to suggestions on how to improve their software
- All bugs that are found and reported are fixed within their new versions and patches.
- Software is very user friendly.
- You can have as many slides as you want on the same page without any conflicts.
- GREAT Support!

Basically, in my eyes these guys are tops! I truly hope you guys will give it a go and be so kind to comment on how you found the software and support.

http://www.flash-slideshow-maker.com

You are also welcome to have a look on my site and view the banner I have created which replaced my FrontPage Slideshow banner

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 02-21-2011, 01:27 PM

X-Man

Default Re: Flash Slideshow Maker - The Best!

Good find Dan, I'll check it out. Looks pretty cool

The following user thanks ARW VISIONS for this useful post:
Dan.roh (02-21-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 01:27 AM

eXpert

Hi Guys

Not sure how many of you have tried Flash Slideshow Maker but I am faced here with a small issue.

My slide seems to work great on all browsers apart from IE. I am not sure if the fault is with my slide itself or with the version of IE that I tried it with but it is displaying my slide as a grey block. I noticed that on some devices like the iPad my slide just appears as a blank block. My personal guess is that it has got to do with the flash plugin in the browser or the iPad does not support flash? If this is the case can someone please be so kind to advise if there is a way with some sort if statement that if the user’s browser does not have flash that it would prompt the user to download it and if the user has a device like the iPad which I believe does not support flash if I am correct then the if statement must display an alternative banner or not display anything at all but my site looks very incomplete if there is a blank block.

I hope above make sense?

Thanks, your input would be greatly appreciated

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 10-25-2012, 04:44 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.roh
Hi Guys

Not sure how many of you have tried Flash Slideshow Maker but I am faced here with a small issue.

My slide seems to work great on all browsers apart from IE. I am not sure if the fault is with my slide itself or with the version of IE that I tried it with but it is displaying my slide as a grey block. I noticed that on some devices like the iPad my slide just appears as a blank block. My personal guess is that it has got to do with the flash plugin in the browser or the iPad does not support flash? If this is the case can someone please be so kind to advise if there is a way with some sort if statement that if the user▓s browser does not have flash that it would prompt the user to download it and if the user has a device like the iPad which I believe does not support flash if I am correct then the if statement must display an alternative banner or not display anything at all but my site looks very incomplete if there is a blank block.

I hope above make sense?

Thanks, your input would be greatly appreciated

That is why Frontpage Slideshow is much better than a Flash alternative!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:41 PM

X-Guru

Lol. I can't believe anyone would still be selling software like this, even in 2011. Simple code like this is freely available all over the web, and better effects can be accomplished with just CSS and JS. Come on, get with the picture Flash is dead!

One of my favorite sliders at the moment is Flex made-by-muffin. Now it is a part of WooThemes. http://www.woothemes.com/flexslider/
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4