View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 12:29 AM

Advanced Member

Wink Re: How to Add a Simple Custom Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnfox
Had a look, closed and re-entered to make sure any cache was present, still took around 28secs.....same when using back button on browser(Firefox). Site looks nice tho!!!! Did you mod all the templates yourself?

vixnfox

Thank you. Can't claim i did. The look is from Crystal Blue Skins (compliments of the addon i puchased from x-cart) and the theme is "education". I am not sure who is educating who but it looks OK. I really didn't like the standard skin. But still, the shop required a lot of buggerising around with templates to add all the other mods i had to do. And x-cart has changed something with the code syntax like with embedding images etc. I haven't uploaded all changes yet as i am using uniform server and a copy of the shop on a local machine because it was just too slow to work with the real site. I am now trying to figure out how to do all my updates by ODBC. It is so much faster than the CSV import. Thanks again NetRegistry. I would have not bothered, cut my losses and run if i had to do all the work on the live site. Still thinking of doing that anyway.

I noticed in the manual that RRF is saying x-cart is open source. Makes it very interesting.

Cheers,

laurieblake