View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6 released

It's the little rock that flips over the wagon right...

Can someone please answer this very simple question: Why is the latest and greatest XC4 version (4.6.3) still caries this piece of code in bread_crumbs.tpl:
Code:
<font class="bread-crumb{if $smarty.foreach.location.last} last-bread-crumb{/if}">{if $webmaster_mode eq "editor"}{$l.0}{else}{$l.0|amp}{/if}</font>

With every single release I have to go in there and change it. Why <font> tag is being used? After it has been mentioned few times? Any smart answers?

For those who don't know <font> tag has been deprecated since HTML4.01 and entirely removed from HTML5 - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/font. This is many years ago, not just last year...

But XC has always had this piece of code in like this. Is my browser running on HTML3 only by any chance?

Common guys really? Let's do this again - SCRAP ALL XC4 SKINS, CREATE ONE FROM SCRATCH THAT USES HTML5/CSS3 AND IS COMPLIANT AND IS CLEANER AND USES SMARTY3 AND COMPLETLY SEPARATES ADMIN FROM CUSTOMER SIDE AND HAS 500 LINES OF CSS RULES INSTEAD OF 50000 AND ... AND ... AND ...
As right now XC skins look like IE8 - they work but you need to fight with it all the time and do some magic...

I do appreciate all the new modules and fixes and the little addons but if the foundation needs to be enforced and the roof is leaking you don't fix the roof first... What good a dry house will do if the foundation is not strong enough to support it....