View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:14 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 4.2 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim
I think he mean an official "release", not as beta but 4.2.0 probably not marked as stable, but still official so you can use it publicly building a shop (on your own risk).

First of all I would like to say that there will be no more "stable" and "development" releases. A product is to be stable when it has been released in the first place. That's why we are working hard on testing 4.2 and started 4.2 beta testing.

As for the "official" release date, it will be either the 28th of November or first days of December, provided no vast bugs are found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.barber
So will there be an upgrade pack to take 4.1 users to 4.2 and will I have to do a lot of diff work to reintroduce all my mods? or will it be easier to install 4.2 on a dev server, do all the work, get the look and feel of the site right and then simply overwrite the live 4.1 install once I am certain everything is working correctly.

There will be no upgrade packs from 4.1 to 4.2, just a database upgrade script. We have decided that due to the number of code changes between 4.1 and 4.2 upgrade packs will be useless and will crash stores in most cases. It will be easier to convert a database, apply a custom skin on a new 4.2 installation and redo custom mods.