X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Please Help, I'm going CRAZY!!! (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=5824)

thinksuccess 01-02-2004 04:02 PM

Please Help, I'm going CRAZY!!!

I'mm trying to add a static html page and have a link to it from anywhere on my site. I dont' ahve the new template manager with the static page feature and every message I've tried from this board does not work. i can get a page to work under the help menu but I dont' wnat it to be under the help menu I want it to be it's own page that I can link to from wherever I want.

Any help would be greatl appreciated.

Thanks

leon 01-02-2004 07:21 PM

Could you describe this more ? Or do you have an example - specific ?

I am not sure if I understand, but you could make a Static Page with any Editor like Frontpage, Golive or Dreamweaver (my favorite) or any text editor you like and upload the page to anywhere you like, and with the New Speedbar for example give it the exact location and Viola....

Not sure if that is what you mean ?

thinksuccess 01-02-2004 07:51 PM

Well I want it to be integrated into the cart just like the pages in the help file are. So I created a static_page.tpl file and then did a link for home.php?mode=static_page blah blah

I put that link in the home.tpl file but it does not work.

leon 01-02-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinksuccess
Well I want it to be integrated into the cart just like the pages in the help file are. So I created a static_page.tpl file and then did a link for home.php?mode=static_page blah blah

I put that link in the home.tpl file but it does not work.

Oh, if I get it right you are complicating things unnecesarily.

OPTION 1:
If it is to insert a some small page just on the left panel, you use the following line in your home.tpl file under the customers directory:
{include file="directory/to/file.html"}

OPTION 2:
On the other hand, if you have a complete page in mind (to appear in the middle of the site) but keeping all categories and menus visible, then just add a page thru your Admin Panel:
1. The last option on your admin panel says "Static Pages", click that.
2. There you can add information that will be automatically parsed thru your cart system and will appear under the help section, related to the language you are currently using for your admin.
3. Add a title and the text to the page, and simple HTML tags if you wish and save the file as enabled.
4. Go to your customers directory and you will see the link (with the title you gave the page) under the help section.

OPTION 3:
If you just need to add a link to some other page to open up on the site, but not within the cart system, just add this to your home.tpl file, in the area you want it to appear:
<center>
YOUR TITLE
</center>

Now remember that if you are trying to add a page to the home.tpl file as you described, it should work without problems, but if you are adding that link in a conditional section it will only appear if the section is enabled. (eg. if you added it to the section in home.tpl file under Bestsellers [before the closing IF tag] it will not appear unless you have bestsellers enabled).

Hope that can help.

thinksuccess 01-03-2004 05:52 AM

I want to do option 2 but my version of x-cart does not have the static page feature. That is why I'm not being able to do this easily. I have a .tpl file that I want to show up in the middle of the page and have the link to that page show up in the left menu.

leon 01-03-2004 08:09 AM

Ok, then you are going to have to use this:

- In your home.tpl file, under { include file="help.tpl" }, add this:
Your Title

- And your page file could look like this:
{* $Id: yourpage.tpl,v 1.13 2004/01/04 07:06:43 zorg Exp $ *}
Your content

But I would highly recommend you to update, it would make your life easier in the future, unless you are planning to only insert this page.

thinksuccess 01-03-2004 08:41 AM

but will that showup within the cart?

thinksuccess 01-03-2004 08:49 AM

I get page not found it says it's looking for:

http://mydomain.com/customer/mypage.tpl?SESSID=9d1d6252841d00b07c4a28a9ecae44c7

leon 01-03-2004 12:02 PM

Oh shoot, sorry about that, obviously a tpl file needs to be parsed first, so please use it this way:

Quote:

Originally Posted by leon
- In your home.tpl file, under { include file="help.tpl" }, add this:
Your Title

Keep the rest the same, but remember to save your file (yourpage.tpl) under skin1/help/ directory

thinksuccess 01-03-2004 03:12 PM

I appreciate your help but if you look at my original post you will see that i don't want the page to be under the help section. I want the page to be a link under category or wherever i choose to place it. So if i made mypage.tpl I want it under say Categories and when you click on it the page comes up in the cart template.

Does that make sense?